Monday, July 20, 2009

Worth

Cold, flat. Cold and flat. How else to describe it? The morning, especially. Nothing but cold and flat. It will gradually get loud. Much louder. The ground will shake, too. Thunder, actually. I will remain still for quite some time. Other times I will slide, roll, and spin to a stop, where I'll feel a sudden drop. A drop much like the time I was abandoned.

Not abandoned, set free! I just wish it wasn't so painful. I bounced and bounced and finally landed flat, my face down in the pavement, hoping I'll see the sun again.

The sun...bright and warm. It really brings out my color. I've almost forgotten what the sun felt like on my face, although my back has definitely enjoyed the rays. Maybe one day my glint will catch the attention of my next owner, and I will finally travel once more!

The day has grown hot and the ground thunders, as promised. It's almost torturous, but I am hopeful. Suddenly, I am picked up! A voice sweetly rings in my ears as she holds me up to catch a better glimpse of my face. Can I help you? I would love to help you!

She sets me back down on the ground, grateful and satisfied. I am face-up.

"Now someone who needs you will find you," she chimes, and continues her journey.

I am thrilled to feel the sun on my face! I wish I could thank the girl who helped me. I can finally fulfill my purpose and change someone's luck, if only for a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment