Thursday, June 4, 2009

Pyramid Scheme

I typed "I love you" into the phone and hit send. I was half-awake and, because of my half-conscious state, I worried I had sent my text to the wrong person. I double checked it and tried to go back to sleep, relieved.

I got to thinking, though. What if I had sent my text to the wrong person? What would happen if I had sent that text to the wrong person? What if I had sent those three words to every number in my phone? My parents, my friends, my family members, ex-boyfriends, friends I don't even talk to anymore, a local pizza place, all those people would recieve a text, "I love you."

I can imagine my friends and family getting a smile on their faces, feeling flattered. Opposingly, I could imagine my exes (friends and boyfriends alike) thinking, "who the hell does she think she is?"

My mind wandered deeper. I'm sure our world could be a better place if we took the time to send "I love you" to everyone in our contacts list...

Reality brought me back with an aggravated voice careening doing the stairs, "get your helmet off the table and back into the garage!"

I remember groggily thinking that's not an "I love you" text.

No comments:

Post a Comment